The C4D project aimed at developing a framework for incorporating metadata into CERIF for improved discovery and usage of research datasets in the future. The project recently held two workshops in Glasgow and London. The outputs from the workshops including slides and a collection of attendees’ feedback and a summary of the discussion is now available at the C4D blog.
The key issues raised at the workshops were:
- Clarifying the specification for research data management
- Getting Senior Management committment
- Setting up suitable systems and processes
- Getting staff to engage with Research Data Management
- Quantifying costs and getting budget
- Integration of services across organisational boundaries
Many useful links to discover further related material is available from the C4D blog.